Thursday, April 18, 2024

Birth Station, Platform 1

28 October 2009, Wednesday (Zulkaedah) 

Dearest Abang, Adik, Ina, Ayie. Do you want to hear this story?



On 16 October 1959, after a long and difficult labour, a little girl emerged into the world and her mum and dad named her Wan Sallehah Wan Mahmood. I was told later by my late mum that of all the deliveries she had to endure, mine was the most arduous as my neck had been entangled with the umbilical chord and I was already turning blue when the midwife delivered me at Jalan Bidara, Kampung Ubi, Singapore.


It was really unfortunate and sad that I couldn't recall my life and infancy at Jalan Bidara at all. Despite looking at photos of me at Jalan Bidara, my mind simply refused to recall this period. However, I have vague memories of my childhood at Jalan Lada.


Anak Cina


My House at Jalan Lada






Sickly






Childhood Station, Platform 2
The first 10 years of my life was spent in Singapore at both Jalan Bidara (absolutely no recollection at all) as well as Jalan Lada (vivid recollection). And I enjoyed my childhood tremendously. I remembered playing all the kampung games, as opposed to the super hi tech games that my kids and other kids indulge in today. I remembered studying at Jalan Eunos School, which wasn't too far from my house, but my parents hired a trishaw to take me to school everyday.


The Kmpung Games


Jalan Eunos School


The Trishaw


My friends


Gula Tarik


Sanggul Mak Inang


Doll Jelly


Neighbour Electrocuted by Fan

Happy Memories

Painful Memories

Mugging Station, Platform 3

Slogging Station, Platform 4

Marital Station, Platform 5

Motherhood Station, Platform 6

Semi-Retirement Station, Platform 7

Retirement Station, Platform 7

Blogging Station, Platform 8

No comments:

Post a Comment