Friday, April 22, 2011

If you don't mind, does it matter?

Women are like hot tea bags, they don't know how strong they are, until they get into hot water.

And, in my case, despite nursing a cold and hacking cough, and with an aching spine and back, I managed (miracles of all miracles) to heave a 22 kg luggage up 3 flights of steps when I was in Christchurch and Queenstown, New Zealand  recently.

Due to my long-suffering aching spine and back, I had been given doctor's advice (orthopedic doctors) not to carry any heavy stuff. And I had been heeding their advice until I reached New Zealand. Unlike Malaysia and other parts of the world, very few NZ hotels have elevators, so guests have no choice but to lug their luggage up several flights of stairs.

It was really miraculous that the lugging did not take its toll on me during my week's sojourn in New Zealand. I guess, that's what you'd call as mind over matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment