Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life without books is like a bathroom without soap...

Yes!!! The reading bug has hit my husband too. All this while, I'm the one who have been passionate about reading. I'm the one who can't fall asleep if I don't read. I'm the one who feels life is empty if there's nothing for me to read. And I likened not having anything to read like "A bathroom without soap".

As I've been busy with my editing work (currently editing a book - Healing Body and Soul), I haven't had time to really read anything. But I make it a point to read something before I sleep or whilst waiting at banks, clinics or hospitals while waiting for my turn.

Due to my deep passion for reading, my husband once threatened to burn all my books as I had been (probably) neglecting him. Hmmm...

In any case, this time around, the reading bug has hit my husband. I am amazed that over the last couple of weeks, he has been poring over these books and giving his full attention to them. He's not one to spend time on reading, as it'll take him ages to finish one book. But this time, he defied my presumption as he completed a book within a week, and now into the second and third book. 


All I can say is that, he's getting a dose of his own medicine. Dare I threaten to burn his books now that it is his turn to ignore me?

No comments:

Post a Comment