Friday, May 20, 2011

My silent tears

I wish I can move like you, but I can't
I wish I can jump like you, but I can't
I wish I can laugh like you, but I can't
I wish I can sit upright like you, but I can't
I wish I can walk like you, but I can't
I wish I can run across the fields like you, but I can't


I wish I can climb hills or trees like you but I can't


Have you ever wondered why I can't put on my own clothes?
Why I can't comb my own hair?
Why I can't take my own bath?

Have you ever felt like how I feel?
You can sleep but I can't
As my eyes are perpetually open
You can breathe but I can't
As there's a tube down my throat
You can eat but I can't
As everything is tasteless
You can play but I can't
As I'm strapped 24/7 to a wheelchair

I wish I can cry
But there's no tears to shed
I wish I can put my hands around you, but I can't
I wish I can carress your cheek but I can't
I wish I can kiss away my mummy's tears but I can't
I wish I can take away the pain from my daddy's heart, but I can't

Please look at me
Please look at my silent tears


Please listen to my voiceless plea
Please embrace and hug me
All I want is to be loved...

No comments:

Post a Comment