Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sleep eluded me yet again....

24 July 2010, Saturday

Sleep eluded me last night. Try as I might, my eyes refused to shut. So, I lay awake the entire night. I was tempted to get out of bed, but was too lazy. I was hoping against hope that my tired eyes would finally shut. Alas, I stayed awake till I heard the azan for subuh prayers.

Normally, when there are a lot of things on my mind, sleep would elude me. And yesterday, this condition was made worse by the fact that I had taken a nap in the afternoon. Usually, try as I might, I cannot fall asleep during the day unless I'm mighty tired. I would usually be tossing here and there until it was time for me to get my butt off the bed.

And yesterday, I made the gravest mistake of drinking hazelnut coffee to keep me awake during my English class. So, it came as no surprise when my eyes refused to shut and sleep eluded me. Any caffeinated drink would keep me awake the entire night, and I've failed, yet again to avoid cofffee or tea, especially those taken in the later part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment