Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cry If You Must!!!

10 November 2009, Tuesday (23 Zulkaedah)

I was watching this programme "Macam-Macam Aznil", where Aznil's (the host) guest was Nagasri, a well-known dramatist on TV.  And part of the script for that programme was to ask Ngasri to demonstrate how he acts out sad scenes.

Aznil was also trying to prove that crying comes easily for some people, whereas for others, it's an uphill task. Later, he asked two audience members to cry. And his point was proven when one lady had trouble shedding tears, whilst the other one cried almost immediately.

Being an experienced actor and given that he has acted out many such scenes, Ngasri had little trouble getting into a sad character. In no time, tears was freely flowing. Hey, guys are not supposed to cry, but in acting, and in real life too, I've seen men cry.

I do not know about you, but I feel that crying is healthy. You may have heard someone saying, “Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts.” Or, "If I need to cry, please help me to let go.

We can opt to stow things, or we can opt to let go of things. If we opt to stow things, then we will feel a deep sorrow, or anguish, self pity, or dread. Sometimes we feel a strong urge to cry. On the other hand, sometimes we are taught it is not okay to cry, especially for men.

What most people don't realise is that God created the human being to cry. Crying is a form of release of your pent-up emotions. This release enables us to let go of thoughts that are not helping us, so we can open to new thoughts that will help. Crying is natural for women and men.”

For me, crying comes easily. As Aznil was asking Ngasri to act out the sad scene, my tears was already freely flowing. I can easily cry whenever I think of my late mum or my late dad. The tears will pool automatically. In fact, I cry as easily as I laugh.

It is okay, necessary and sometimes daunting and terrifying for both men and women to cry during grief. Personally, I reckon it's okay to cry, even publicly.  Without a shadow of a doubt, the whole world will not cry with you, but, CRY IF U MUST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment