Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Will Miss......

10 November 2009, Tuesday (23 Zulkaedah)

No matter where I am in the world I will miss Malaysia occasionally. There are certain things that I miss most when I'm away from home.

I will mostly miss the people who fill my life. If my husband, my sons and my daughter, are not with me or close by, I can get homesick pretty quickly.
What I will miss most when I travel to Myanmar for 8 days starting tomorrow, apart from the people who fill my life, would be: (not necesssarily in this order):
  1. My laptop (penning my thoughts in my blog and facebooking)
  2. My bed (the familiar dent on my side of the bed)
  3. Tinkering in my kitchen
  4. Looking out my bedroom window and watch the day/cars/people pass by
  5. And of course, who wouldn't miss Malaysian food when they are away.  In fact, I would crave like crazy curry, nasi lemak and roti canai, despite not eating these sinful food regularly
Note that I did not mention that I will miss my pillow. That's simply because, wherever I go, my small pillow goes with me.  My pillow is special as it is a cervical pillow, suitable for people with multiple slip discs. I've not slept on a normal pillow since I was involved in a car accident in 2003, which caused injury to my spine, specifically, my cervical discs.

In any case, I'm sure you will agree with me that no matter where we go or how happy we are in the country we visit, there will always be things we miss from our homes. SO I was just wondering, in the spirit of nostalgia, what do you miss most about your homes, what do you miss most when you away from home, sweet home?

No comments:

Post a Comment