Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kitchen Makeover: Day 3

27 January 2010 (Wednesday)
Day 3

Today, after preparing breakfast for my son and husband in my bedroom as all the other parts of the house are in a total mess, I went down to pack more stuff from my kitchen cabinets to store away in boxes as the contractors will be dismantling the cabinets to redo the wall and floor tiling.

After completing that, I was planning to go back to sleep before the contractors come around 9:00 a.m. As always, my eyes refused to shut. I always have difficulty falling asleep during the day unless I'm absolutely spent.

I had actually been awake since 3:00 a.m. A sudden noise had jolted me from my sleep, and soon after, tried as I might, sleep eluded me. As has always been the case with me, once I'm wide awake, my brain and mind would wreak havoc on me. My mind started wandering to the things I wanted to discuss with the renovation supervisor (Jali) and trying to imagine my completed made-over kitchen.

I finally feel asleep for about 15 minutes only to hear the azan for Subuh prayers and that's time for me to get up to do breakfast for my family.

And despite having only 1 hour of sleep last night, I'm still very alert and wide awake up to noon. I've been working on the last lap of my "Digital Marketing" book translation since 8:00 a.m until 1:00 p.m when I was called by Jali to discuss further my kitchen made-over. There were a couple more things we needed to sort out.

Oh boy, today is only Day 3. It'll be a couple more weeks before the entire make-over is completed. And till then, we have been tapauing food and making do with whatever there is in the house.

And everywhere is a mess and dusty. I couldn't wait for everything to be normal again. I want a semblance of my old life, where everything is in its place, and everywhere is spick and span again. And the mere thought of the cleaning up and the repacking that I've to do sent a shudder and chill down my spine. And that would be a period which I don't really look forward to, for obvious reasons!!!

Pics from Day 3: Makeover slowly taking shape...


No comments:

Post a Comment