Tuesday, October 26, 2010

All in a day's work for a Blogging and Facebooking Housewife

Today, I'm really swarmed with unfinished work!!! However that does not mean that I'm less busy on other days.

My day today began with offering my prayers to Allah. Soon after, I went straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for my boys. Right after the boys have left the house (school and work), I began to prepare for lunch. As my husband is still away in Iran until early next week, it's just me and the boys.

Today, I am determined to cook early as there are just too many things on my plate. Despite a hectic schedule ahead of me, I managed to whip up Kari Kepala Ikan, Ikan Masak Sambal, Kerabu Kerang and Tauge, Sambal Belacan, Kentuck Fried Mushroom and Begadel Daging. Wow!!! What a huge array of food. Sometimes, when the cooking spirit overwhelms me, I will whip up several dishes to my heart's content. Alas, these days, very seldom am I overpowered by this spirit.....

Once I've cleaned up the kitchen, there was the laundry to be hung, and a few other household chores to be completed before I sat down to tackle my numerous tasks.

I'm in the midst of translating a PhD thesis for a relative. This is a tough one as I need to translate the text from Malay into English. There's 9 sections altogether and I've only completed up to Section 4 (Chapter 2). Each section is averagely 40 pages. It's no mean feat.

I've been breathing and inhaling this thesis for the last 6 weeks. I can't wait to complete this, despite translation being something I'm addicted to. I'm actually getting quite sick and tired as I have very little time to relax. These days, I don't even have time to watch the TV. The minute I hit the pillow, I'm immediately transported to lalaland!!!

And I also have to proofread a book which I translated a couple of months back for an overseas publisher, "You Can Be the Happiest Woman in the World". And this has to be done meticulously. Seldom am I the translator/Editor/Proofreader all rolled into one. But for this project, they have entrusted me with this responsibility.

Apart from these two major assignments, I also have to prepare a proposal for 3 Business English training that I need to conduct in November, namely Effective Communication - Beginner, Effective Communication - Intermediate and Effective Business Writing - Intermediate. The proposal covers the Class Schedule plus the Course Outline (up to press time, I've completed 2 of the Proposals) and need to fine-tune the last one before submitting them tomorrow.

These tasks are over and above my weekly classes at Glenmarie which I have to prepare beforehand and my twice a week English classes which I conduct at home.

And, today, I finally managed to make inroads into my enquiry for our (my husband and I) Umrah trip. We are slated to perform our Umrah in mid December, Insyallah.

Sometimes, I marvel at myself for managing to juggle my time wonderfully. Although I'm usually spent at the end of the day, I feel contented and happy that I can achieve so many things, and all these in a day's work for a Blogging and Facebooking Housewife!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment