Friday, March 5, 2010

Kitchen Makeover: Day 39

4 March 2010, Thursday
Day 39

As there was only minor work to be done in my kitchen (final job for plaster ceiling - where the piping in the kitchen resides), I took the opportunity to go out as I've been cooped up in the house the last 2 weeks.

I was debating between Bukit Bintang or Masjid Jamek area, and finally settled on Sogo shopping complex as I wanted to buy some kitchen stuff. As I wasn't in a hurry, I took my time scouting around for the things I wanted to buy.

And finally I settled on a wooden knife holder, butter dish, plastic ladles, black trash bin, micro fibial cloth, pretty placemats (2 of each design), and thongs.

I was also looking around for pots and saucepans, and after much advice from the sales personnel, I finally settled on a 8-pc Meyer set which was a steal, given that I got a 60+% discount. I was happy with this purchase as this set can be also be used with an induction cooker.

I was happy to be told that Sogo provides porter service for big items. I wouldn't have been able to carry all those stuff down with my failing spine and aching arm.

All in all it was a productive shopping trip as I managed to buy most of the things I needed, saved for a clock that I've been scouting around the last couple of weeks.

I had wanted a special and unique clock that can sit prettily in my new kitchen. Hope I can find it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment