Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Today's My Dad's Birthday!

09.09.09

Most people don’t realize the full power of the number nine. First it’s the largest single digit in the base ten number system.

The digits of the base ten number system are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. That may not seem like much but it is magic for the nine’s multiplication table.

For every product of the nine multiplication table, the sum of the digits in the product adds up to nine.

Let’s go down the list. 9 times 1 is equal to 9, 9 times 2 is equal to 18, 9 times 3 is equal to 27, and so on for 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81, and 90.

When we add the digits of the product, such as 27, the sum adds up to nine, i.e. 2 + 7 = 9. Don't believe me, try it for yourself!

Anyway, you may be wondering what's so special about the date 09.09.09. I'm neither superstitious nor a believer in feng shui.  In fact my religion forbids the belief of such things. But, let me share with you this little secret.

Psssst..... today is my dad's 88th birthday.  He was born on 09.09.21.  And his kids have prepared a special celebration for him.  Please don't tell him as we want this to be a surprise for him. It'll be hosted by my brother, Wan Elias at his house/surau at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn.

My brother has invited over 300 people to celebrate his birthday. And among those attending his birthday celebrations, will be his children, his children in law, his grand children and great grand children, some relatives, friends and neighbours surrounding my brother's house.

And there will also be special guests as we have invited 45 orphans from Rumah Siraman Kasih, Rawang and their guardians.

I'm really excited and I'm sure Ayah will be too to see again all his loved ones plus the special guests. The kids from RSK comprise orphans, abandoned kids as well as poor kids. It'll be a special buka puasa cum birthday celebrations with the presence of these special guests.

Ayah, I hope you'll be happy with what we have planned for you.  Don't worry Ayah, even though you'll not be with us physically but I'm sure you will join the celebrations spiritually.  And, one more thing Ayah, please bring Mak along.  All of us not only miss you, but we miss Mak too. We look forward to both your "presence".  May Allah bless both your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment