Sunday, September 13, 2009

Poetic Injustice - The Runaway Train2

13 September 2009
I Wonder

I saw the woman.  I wondered who she was. Has she lost her loved one? Has she lost her way?  Or has her heart been broken, perhaps not once, not twice, but numerous times. Perhaps her heart has been shattered to pieces.

I was watching her intently. She had sat at the train station from 2:00 p.m to 2:31 p.m. Trains came and went.  Passengers boarded and passengers disembarked. She didn't move. She was immobilized. She stood still.  She did not make any effort to board the train. She was oblivious to the rumbling sound of the train as it pulled into the station. She was in a world of her own.

She looked so forlorn.  She appeared so sad. And when I came closer, I noticed streaks of tears rolling down her sad face.

I wonder.
What could be the matter with her? Is she in some kind of trouble? Has someone hurt her? Has someone bashed her emotionally?

I wonder.
As I watched her, she took a neatly folded handkerchief to wipe away the tears from her forlorn face.

I wonder.
Why must anyone hurt her? Why must there be injustice in her life? Why is life unkind to her?

I wonder.
Nukilan Cyber, 2:10 P.M - 2:37 P.M, PWTC Station. 13 September 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment