Friday, September 11, 2009

Tormented Souls

11 September

8 years ago on this day, two hijacked airliners were flown into the World Trade Center in New York City and another into the Pentagon. A fourth hijacked airliner crashed in open land in Pennsylvania, killing thousands of people.

I'm sure for the family, the feeling of foreboding whenever it's 9/11 is REAL. For the family, it is still a grim reality that had to be faced. From photos that I had seen before, I could see layers of dust on everything. For the people affected, they are going to be haunted by the dust for the rest of their lives.

The dust went everywhere. Everything around the area was covered with dust. They will always feel the presence of human remains in the dust with  tremendous sadness; all along the dust would have an emotional impact on them.

My heart goes out to the family.  Terrorism should not be accorded any place in human civilization.  Whatever the cause may be, terrorism is a dreadfully despicable act. It's an act of cowardice.

Time passes and I am sure the family is still coming to grips with the profound experience of September 11, 2001.

And on the personal front (and it has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11), I woke up with a heavy heart. My head is pounding. I'm feeling weepy. And I'm having a feeling of foreboding and despair. An eerie feeling stirred throughout my body. I wish I can shake off this feeling of dread. There must be some reason for the fear. I wish this feeling will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment