Thursday, September 3, 2009

Teh Tarik

25 August 2011

For some unfathomable reason, I've been dying to drink teh tarik ("pulled/stretched tea") the last one week, not just at any mamak shop, but at Q-Bistro, Bandar Permaisuri.  I've been bugging my husband to take me, and finally, today, he relented.  


After performing the Tarawih, my 2 sons, hubby and I drove to Q-Bistro at around 10:00 p.m.  People would have wondered what was so great about drinking teh tarik, in particular at Q-Bistro.  Well, I must admit that the teh tarik here is quite superb. 

When you tell the waiters that you'd liked it less sweet, they would acquiesce, unlike many other eateries, as they just won't bother pandering to your request. And the portion of tea and milk here are just right, and it's brewed to the right heat. 



For me, when someone orders hot drink, the drink has to be piping hot, not lukewarm as the taste tends to be compromised when it's no longer piping hot.

I've always wondered, why anyone in their right mind would want to put so much sugar particularly since not only is sugar hazardous to our health, it also does not come free.  But, in Malaysia, more often than not, sugar is dispensed in abundance, not just in tea, but in all other beverages, and also cakes/cookies/kuehs.  It's simply disgusting and repelling!

And coming back to the teh tarik that was finally placed on my table, I savoured it sip by sip and let the taste spread slowly in my mouth. Gosh, it's so good.  Maybe it's the fasting month, maybe, I've gone crazy.  But teh tarik had never tasted so good like today.


BTW, I forgot to mention that whenever I consumed anything which is caffeineted, I would have a sleepless nite.  The caffeine would keep me awake the entire night, but who cares.  If I can have one of the best teh tarik which I've been dying to savour the last one week, it's worth the while being awake.  Then again, as I'm retired, sleep would be a foregone conclusion tomorrow morning. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................

No comments:

Post a Comment