Sunday, September 6, 2009

Make Hay While the Sun Shines

6 September 2009

Happy Birthday Kirah (my youngest sister) and hope you will grow up to be somebody worthwhile and an icon to your children.

Today, my husband and I took my father-in-law to visit my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, Tini in Bangi. It's really sad that neither my father-in-law nor my mother-in-law recognises each other.

Imagine, they have been married for over 60 years and they used to be so lovey-dovey. And yet today, there is no flicker of recognition between either of them. He used to hold her hands tenderly when they are crossing roads. He used to gaze lovingly into her eyes. He used to love her deeply. Yet, today they appeared like strangers.

While our spouse is still young and hearty, still sprightly and bright, make the most of our life together. Love them, shower them with affection, love them unreservedly, spend time with them.

One day, all of us are going that path too (what you call as dementia). And we just do not know when our life will be snuffed out, so before we pop our clogs, make hay while the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment