Thursday, October 29, 2009

Life's Predictable Rails and Ohhhh....Not So Predictable Rails

29 October 2009, Thursday (10 Zulkaedah)

I was reading this book, Life Lessons for Women, and the author had suggested that at some stage in our life, we need to reevaluate our position, in what she termed as Life Review.

This aroused my interest as I reckon this will help me recognise who I am and the path that has led me to where I am today.

The author, Stephanie Marston had said, "Although your life must be lived by moving forward, it is best understood by recognizing what you have already lived through and how far you've come. Just as your fingerprints identify your unique physical makeup, your life choices will reveal the person who did all the living - your self."

It is important to assess yourself  in order for you to know yourself more intimately. Stephanie had suggested we divide our life into decades.

Personally, I would have preferred to term it as Life's Predictable Rails. A woman usually goes through life's predictable rails, and stopping at the usual stations, i.e. birth, childhood, work, marriage, motherhood. Is my rail predictable? I would say Yes, and No.

It's really fascinating, mesmerizing and enthralling when you pull out your old photo albums and look at pictures of yourself during the different stations of your life. It's wonderful to trace your life back to the different platforms you were on in Life's Rails.

Sometimes life affords you many choices... but in the end is it your choice, or is there a switch operator somewhere who has you on a predetermined path... On what track will you enter the station?
I've stopped at the following stations in My Life's Predictable Rails, and Oh...some Not So Predictable Rails...

Birth Station, Platform 1 
Childhood Station, Platform 2 
Mugging Station, Platform 3 
Slogging Station, Platform 4 
Marital Station, Platform 5 
Motherhood Station, Platform 6 
Semi-Retirement Station, Platform 7 
Retirement Station, Platform 7 
Blogging/Facebooking/Twiteering/Enjoying Life to the Fullest Station, Platform 8

Check out this space - All the Stations are Under Construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment